Monday, April 4, 2011

Starting with Game Development - Journey

Ok, here I'm, tired of doing the same thing over and over again, stuff that uses/saves something in a database, support a business and get the people rich... I'm tired of the same job, that's why I decided to give a little turn in my life, change and start doing the thing that put me on the development lane at the beginning... THE GAMES!

Most of us started at development when we were young and wanted to know how the games worked, we hacked some of them, changed the fixed texts to include words like "tits", "ass", etc... that was for fun, and started to realized that making games was the thing you want to do for the rest of your life... in some point something changed, you had to pay bills, and raise kids, etc... and you got stuck in the DB/related programming world.

Now that I realized that I want to be in the original path, I'd a good background in development, I'm Java Architect, had some certifications, 15+ years of programming experience in java, c++, delphi, VB6, C-sharp, etc etc etc etc... so I will start to record my progress in the game world, and now... I noticed that I don't have a clue of how to start, thats why I will do it from scratch, I'm reading some guides, and I will post some of them in here, I will record my steps on how to build games and how to start in this world. I'm starting with this so I will do a log and document how everything goes, in 1 or 2 years I will read this again and I will say: "I made it!, I'm not doing DB stuff anymore, I'm a game developer, and the people will say... Oh man, that's why I started in development, I envy your life" or maybe I could say: "It's a shame I started and now I know this is not funny at all, but at least I did it", lets see how this end.

No comments:

Post a Comment